There is a company making new waves in the vinyl turntable market, that is Audio-Technica, and we like what we are seeing! Today we will present you Audio-Technica AT-LP1240 USB – a nice rendition compared to the all-time classic Technics 1200. It has a good look and performs well for this price range.
This turntable falls into turntable under 500 $ category and it hangs with the best when it comes to nightclubs and for listening to your old time favorite records for a good reason:
- It has a steel heavy-duty construction, making it very durable
- It has a strong high-torque direct-drive motor that is great for DJ’s
- It comes with a headshell, felt slip mat and dust cover keeping it free from dust and harm
- It is a standard turntable made for scratching and categorized as a Super-OEM Turntable
- Presents you with a USB port for transferring vinyl to digital
- Does not have a cartridge included
We can recommend a cartridge for this turntable in this article here: Turntable Cartridge & Phono Cartridge Reviews, so you can choose which one is the best phono cartridge for you.
The Audio-Technica AT-LP1240 is a well-constructed record player with some great features for both DJs and home entertainment. You can use multiple cartridges with the turntable, it is solid with no faults at all, and does not come with an installed cartridge. This is a superb unit and in many cases superior to the original Technics 1200 with a more powerful motor.
Audio Technica AT-LP1240 USB Features
The AT-LP1240 is a premier vinyl turntable and known as the Super-OEM and one of the best in its range when it comes to the DJ world. It has a strong motor and most turntablist will love this turntable. It’s designed in a black color scheme with a plastic dust cover to keep the vinyl turntable in great shape when not used.
The upper part of the unit is made of steel, while the lower portions are made of a heavy rubber material to help dampen and isolate sound. A heavyweight unit weighing 42lbs with some high-quality components built to last. It comes with some great extra features as it plays records in three different speeds, it has a separate start/stop speed adjustment knob, has a reverse play button, adjustable pitch range button, rubber feet, a pop-up light that is replaceable, 2 starts/stop aligned buttons and internal power grounding.
The top section has a greatly felt slipmat with a headshell to get you started and used with a Shure M44-7 cartridge you receive excellent results. Once set up the tracking of the tonearms height and weight, one hears no skip during scratching and juggling sessions. You can use this solid device manually with a USB port for transferring vinyl records to digital format via your PC.
The motor is a brushless DC motor and has a direct drive method with the electronic brake system. With this turntable, Audacity software is also included to help you transfer your precious vinyl collection to your PC.
- Designed primarily for DJ use in nightclubs, touring and mobile...
- Offers a USB output that allows direct connection to a computer for easy...
- Built-in switchable phono preamp enables it to be used with a wide variety...
- Fully manual operation with start and brake control adjustments and...
- Professional anti-resonance, damped die-cast aluminum stroboscopic platter...
The Audio-Technica AT-LP1240 is made for all
When it comes to DJs and turntablists who are serious about their expertise and in need of a stern machine to perfect their skills, we recommend the Audio-Technica AT-LP1240-USB. It is one of the best turntables out there and has a solid construction, great additional features, and a super-strong motor. While the USB port and provided cable make transferring of vinyl music to digital a dream and one cannot find fault with this record player.
Here is a video of this great turntable in action: